Sunday, February 24, 2008

Can't I just sit and rest a while?



<

Meditations from the mountains...these are photos of the eastern Sierras 2007...if not by the sea, then high up where the hawks are soaring.

I've been dwelling on some things of late, perhaps it's in the air as I came home from a difficult day at work to find Talking Bear has written on some things tonight that parallel my own thoughts. My words are but a shadow of his depth in ability to express feelings and thoughts; I'm glad for his eloquent gift.

What he speaks of is the ebb and flow of life, perhaps, in simple terms...Still, 2Cor 4 comes to mind about not 'losing heart'. Thanks to Catholic Teuchtar for the quote: "success is rising once more often than you fall."

Well, I'll pick myself up yet again, brush the knees off, and take heart in the laughter of my children that I hear from the other room. Tomorrow's battle can wait, time to join in and be soothed with their smiles and the brightness of their eyes.

8 comments:

Rambling Man said...

best wishes from ireland ! hope you can see the little red dot on the statcounter map !

regards
cp

His Girl Friday said...

Go raibh maith agat, cp
...and what a lovely 'dot' it is, too! :) Slaínte!

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

I posted a version of this over at the Bear's place, but thought I'd share it with you directly.

Earlier tonight I was in the gym, listening to U2 on my iPod. These lyrics - from 'All Because of You' - stuck in my head then, maybe they fit with what you're writing about?

"I'm not broke but you can see the cracks
You can make me perfect again

All because of you
...
I am...I am

I'm alive
I'm being born
I just arrived, I'm at the door
Of the place I started out from
And I want back inside"

Rest and be thankful!

Lins said...

Love that quote from CT. Good to keep in mind.

Thanks for sharing it.

MrsS said...

I hope you're feeling lots better HGF; I felt your sadness - it was contagious.

Ralph Waldo Emerson's words might help today.

LETTERS
Every day brings a ship
Every ships brings a word;
Well for those who have no fear,
Looking seaward, well assured
That the word the vessel brings
Is the word they wish to hear.

xx

His Girl Friday said...

Hi ER,
thank you, it does fit! :)

Hi Lins,
yes, a good quote, and one to remember! :)

Hi MrsS,
It's been a time of reflection, as well as choosing to move forward from things past. All good though. :)
(and, sometimes mine and my hubby's jobs are taxing with the human suffering we see, and working in a system that isn't always 'user friendly'...can't really expound more in print)

However, I know that we're not alone in this 'trial'. I've really been gifted with some good friends to speak with, and some great blog buddies to help assuage it all! :))x

...will find a funny to post next! :)

Kayce aka lucy said...

i am a water girl myself, but i breathed a deep peaceful sigh as i watched these photos come onto the screen. may you, too, be able to breathe in deep gulps of peace and find a bit of rest.

storyteller said...

These photos are breathtaking reminders of grandeur beyond our understanding in the ‘ebb and flow of life’ … and taking time out to sit and look in this manner brings a bit of restoration and balance. Thanks for sharing. I'm relieved my own life has slowed down enough to take them in this morning.
Hugs and blessings,