Monday, February 11, 2008

'Believable', aren't they?!





I just want to share something that you may find amusing, and hopefully not offensive. Or, well...maybe it's one of those 'you just had to be there' type situations,..but I'll try to convey a picture....

My husband, my 14yr old son, and I were watching the USA Sevens rugby...New Zealand had won, and before the awards ceremony, they performed the Haka (their War Chant).

To my discreet delight, they had taken their shirts off prior to doing this...which in my thinking, seeing those muscles, made it so much more realistic in picturing them, well, as warriors...so, I said out loud, "Wow, they really are believable!"
....to my husband's shock, that I would say such a thing in front of himself and our son, he repeated what (he thought) I had said, "... they really are breed-able?!" :/ :DDDDDDD
Well, I'm sure you can imagine my reaction, to 'my men' reacting...etc etc....My, but it did make for a good laugh!!!!! :DDDDD

14 comments:

Pam said...

lmfreakinao-it's amazing what guys 'hear' and then there's just a point where they don't hear at all! lol

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

I prefer the version of the haka from the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oulQwIP9VQQ&feature=related

Maybe Scotland could score a try against this lot!! Then again ...

Anonymous said...

Phwoar!! Who needs the breeding bit, why not just the practice? :p

PJ

MrsS said...

Och! You're a terrible wummin HGF. Laugh and the world laughs with you xxx (laughing here Glasgow)!!!

Kayce aka lucy said...

big smile on this one!

His Girl Friday said...

ah, yes, definitely fun with this one, had to share it!!

ER, the vid's a good one!! :)

Lins said...

Breedable? Sounds like cattle, which is exactly what it must feel like when they trample all over you in a rugby match!

storyteller said...

Rather interesting and funny turn of events. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs and blessings,

That Hideous Man said...

"Paging Dr Freud......."

SecretWishes said...

Love watching them do the haka as for breeding em! :-)

good on you girl love the pic

any more of them lol j/k

Scots said...

Breedable hahahahaha!!!!

wndlessly restless .... I'm not so sure about that team .. they're looking a bit rough for the likes of Scotland ... I'm thinking this lot would be easier ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIO4_2PFNpM

TopChamp said...

mmmmmmmmm. Love rugby!

Anonymous said...

My wife loves that too! You do realise its (Haka) all about tearing out the intestines of their enemies etc etc...

I keep reminding my wife of that when she gets err...carried away. :-)

His Girl Friday said...

CT,
oh, too cruel a reminder, for us wifies that is! ....that does put a damper on things if one starts thinking about disembowelment! :p ;D

Scots,
watching that vid is almost as cruel!! ;)