Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Affirmations

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength."
Corrie Ten Boom

When reading the "Hiding Place", there was one passage that stuck with me...Corrie Ten Boom thanked God for the fleas in the beds of her concentration camp room. Everyone thought her mad, till they realised the fear of the fleas was what was keeping the guards out of their room; and therefore, they were able to speak, share, pray and fellowship with relatively little disturbance.
"In Everything Give Thanks..."
1Thess. 5:18

6 comments:

Kayce aka lucy said...

the passage you mention from "the hiding place" is the most memorable for me. it's so crazy to think of being thankful for fleas!

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

Aye, I'm liking that. Just what I needed today!

His Girl Friday said...

Hi Lucy, and ER,
I'm glad you liked this. I had originally intended to do a piece on Affirmations, with reference to your blog, Lucy...but with several kiddie and hubby interruptions, my post was not progressing well :/ :)

...all in all, perhaps that was a good thing, when I realised the post was not progressing, I just paused, refused to get frustrated, and was just sitting and reflecting on being thankful for the people and other blessings in my life! That's when I remembered Corrie and the fleas! :)

storyteller said...

Wow ... well worth the visit today! Thanks for sharing. Methinks I'll need to put a link back to this one. Pretty special find :)
Hugs and blessings

That Hideous Man said...

I read that book so long ago, I had quite forgotten that incident. Very good - thanks for reminding me.

Kayce aka lucy said...

i love hearing your transition from posting of affirmations to posting of ...well...affirmations in a new way. so cool how you slowed down and let that happen!