Sunday, May 25, 2008

When are we done with school?



My children are at me every day, isn't school over yet? Can't we just have a half day today? Homeschool has it's ups and downs, the good being a flexible schedule, the bad, well, you are your own taskmaster, which can make it difficult when the weather is so wonderful, and the garden is calling, and not to mention that there are new films in the cinema that are perfect for a day's outing! Is school out yet?? ;D

We were just out to see C.S. Lewis', "Prince Caspian" which was fairly representative of the book. Our next venture will be to see the latest Indiana Jones film. I'm not one to run out to the theatre for the latest movie, but there are some that you just have to see on the big screen.

We've been busy with work, out of town business, and our friend's Egypt project, so May has been very hectic. Hopefully, spring and summer will be a fun time for all, and blogging will return to its norm once the cooler weather sets back in! :)


"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...Let's go exploring!"
Last line of the final Calvin and Hobbes strip

3 comments:

Pam said...

ha ha @ the comic...we are heading to disneyland the day after school gets out. i'm not looking forward to it, but the kids are lol my girls saw prince caspian for a friend's bday, and as soon as we have time, we're gonna see indy, too. hopefully before we head to anaheim. why is it that the last two weeks of school always seem the busiest?? :-/

Jo said...

Didn't pick up you were home schooling! And then you go do the night shift? Hats off to you.

I'm looking forward to the film, I'm sorry I didn't see the first on the big screen - very epic, and faithful to my own vision, most importantly!

His Girl Friday said...

Hi Ciara,

I used to live near Disneyland and could see the evening's fireworks from my house! I always thought D-land was best mid-week, winter, in the rain....minimal people, No Lines!!! (boots, raingear, and hot chocolate prepped the troops! ;D)

have fun on your adventure!!!!
...kiss Mickey for me!! ;)))


Hi Jo,
I'm off the night shift and work three 12 hr days (I try to get one to two of my days on the weekend)...my kids are old enough to stay home alone, or my hubby and I work some opposite days off to be available for questions.

The school is online with a set (classical type) curriculum and there's a licensed teacher available to help as needed. My oldest actually goes to highschool/upper levels online with her own set of teachers; so my help is very minimal...thank goodness, because advanced maths...algebra/trig etc is beyond me!!! ;p (I'm kinda like Calvin in that respect!!! :D)

The documentary, "Flying Pyramids Soaring Stones" is still aired on the History channel, and I think Discovery.

I'm really excited about the movie (as I get to add my twa pence here and there with things...helps to know people, nudge, nudge!!! ;D)