Thursday, September 4, 2008

Farther Along



This photo was taken last month on a road trip up to the Eastern Sierras. Here we are with the beautiful backdrop of the mountains, open pasture with grazing cattle, the early morning air fresh and clean, and across the stream I hear the chirping of little ducklings. We used to raise Mallard ducks, so I do absolutely adore the wee ones. I spied them across the stream, which you may be able to see in the photo. They were ever so young, and were chirping with scared little chirps. The mother was no where to be found. They were helplessly wandering up and down the stream staying in a little line following the leader, who also seemed frantically lost. I wanted so much to rescue them, but knew that wouldn't be possible. This observation probably has so many parallels that could be drawn from it.

Right now, I'm just thankful that my little ducklings have their mother. I'm really trying not to get down about things. This song kept coming to mind, as I grew up with these southern bluegrass style songs.
Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen to bad people. We don't understand why,
but maybe, we will farther along.



No comments: