Friday, October 3, 2008

Courage, Belief, Responsibility, Friendship



"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
--Walt Disney

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
--Eleanor Roosevelt

"In dreams begins responsibility."
-- William Butler Yeats

"Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend."
-- Plautus


Things have been busy here, and my current condition leaves me easily tired, pained, and even a wee bit grumpy! Still, with doctor visits, and Physio to attend to, we've undertaken to replace our work truck that was totalled. Things being what they may, this has been no easy task. But, I'm not really here to talk about trucks. Really, I've just a quick post about decisions. Decisions regarding following the pursuit of dreams; and trying to be in step with your life partner. This unfortunately is no easy task, especially when you both seem at odds with each other. Even after all these married years, you would think we would be more mellow with our opinions about certain things. Ugh!!

There's a lot to be said about 'following your dreams'...there's a lot that entails making them happen, including sacrifice. I do know, as frustrated as we can get with each other and as different we can be with our approaches, our dreams would be less without each other. Our Song to start us out was "Follow Me" by John Denver. Sometimes, I think I need to powerdown, and just think of those words from 20yrs back. I've no doubt sometimes he feels like he's dragging me along the 'path', and I'm yelling you're moving too fast and too close to the edge!

ah, Life! :)








5 comments:

Kayce aka lucy said...

i think the cartoon says it all...calvin and hobbes have a remarkable way of following their dreams and adventures together...i have no doubt you will find a way to "follow" TOGETHER :-)

keep dreaming!

storyteller said...

Love the assortment of quotes and the cartoon too. I’m with Lucy … and suspect you’ll figure it out together … because it’s all about BALANCE, right? Not either or, but both and.
Hugs and blessings,

His Girl Friday said...

Hi Lucy and Storyteller,
sometimes relationships are such work!! ugh! ;)

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

I love the cartoon! It speaks to me about leadership as well as relationships.

His Girl Friday said...

Hi ER,
good to 'see' you, and thanks for your comment. I agree with you; that's how I was feeling at that moment. It sometimes feels like my husband can quite leave me in the snow,as he's sledding along...but it takes two to make the game plan; so it's my responsibility as well to speak up if I think the hill's too steep, and also realise that I can sometimes be too overcautious! Well, so tae speak! :)